Magic Launcher is a mod installer for minecraft in which you can quickly add and remove mods of your choice (that you have downloaded), if you want to go oldschool, you can install mods for minecraft the traditional way, have a look at: How to install Minecraft Mods
- First off you need to download it, so find it in the download links (above)
- Secondly, you need to have a clean minecraft.jar file.
You should make a folder where you put all your Downloaded mods in, as it will make it much easier to find the mods. Leave the mods in .exe form, as the Magic Launcher program will sort that itself.
Minecraft Forge (click recommended universal)
Optifine (If that download doesn’t work go to Optifine.net and try different downloads)
- Once you have downloaded it launch it, and it should come up with a screen like this:
Note: The white boxes where Username and Password is won’t be white, I just blotted out my details.
- Enter your account details (don’t worry, it’s 100% safe) and click ‘Setup‘
It will come up with this:
- Once here, click ‘Add’ and Navigate to your Downloaded Mods folder.
- NOTE: If you change the location of the Downloaded Mods folder, Magic Launcher will look for the mods in the same location that you first set it in, therefore you will receive errors, so keep it in a place where you probably won’t change it.
- Once you have found your Downloaded Mods folder double-click a mod that you want to add. BUT FIRST you must add either MinecraftForge or ModLoader. I always go with Minecraft Forge because it supports many more mods.
- Here is my Mods folder (feel free to check out the mods in this folder, they’re quite cool):
- Add Minecraft Forge, then add any other mods that you’d like on there. If you’re using Optifine make sure that you add in Optifine LAST.
- If any errors come up try moving the mods around by selecting the mod and clicking up or down.
- If it says ‘not compatible’, that means that your mod is not for the current version of Minecraft that you’re running.
- If it says ‘no mods found’, click here and scroll down to common problems and there will be a solution.
- If you want to de-select a mod, just un-tick it.
Now all you have to do is launch it. Go ahead!
NOTE: If minecraft forge shows with 1 error don’t worry about it, it just means you don’t have the latest minecraft forge!